I’ve got another project in mind. Pom pom trimmed. I’ve already worked on this dress a bit. You can see on the shoulders that I removed some rows of ruffles. There are some “tan lines” leftover. In fact, this garment shows a lot of variation in color due to the sun. It started all the same color. But I love it this way.
Folk trim dress update
This was a suuuper easy DIY that I can easily reverse later. The dress before. It has a waistband panel that I am going to sew decorative trim onto. Eyeballing a plan. Sealing the edges with a lighter keeps frayed edges from weaving their way out later. Also, my lighter kicks ass. Fold the edge under near the side seam and sew over. And after. The trim would be easy to remove in the...
Pom pom earrings
Finished project. You can take pom pom trim, unravel it, and push the poms down their cords. I made loops of pom pom balls that fell below the first row and fastened them with fabric glue. Wrapping the metal drop with yarn using alternating left and right knots.
I have had this dress sitting around foreeeeever but never had quite the right fabrics to do what I wanted. Until two days ago. I got both fabrics thrifting and did this all in a couple hours. Dress before: One of the thrifted pieces, a woven guatemalan garment. Centering it here to cut out a bodice section. The second piece is mexican serape. Here are both pieces cut to add. Pinning...